(born on October 28, 1962 in Berkeley,
California, USA) is an actress.
She is perhaps best known for playing Jo Reynolds on Melrose
Place from 1992 to 1996. She was also a lead in the 1987 film
Spaceballs and the 1989 film Gross Anatomy, with Matthew Modine,
and previously worked with Modine in the movie Vision Quest. A
more recent starring role was in Artificial Lies. She was also
one of many voice actors for the animated television series
Stories from My Childhood. Zuniga also had a lead role in the TV
series Pandora's Clock.
Daphne Zuniga also appeared in a recurring role in American
Daphne Zuniga's father is Guatemalan and her mother is an
American Unitarian minister.
Daphne is currently on the show "Beautiful People" on ABC
- Zuniga was a victim of Mercury poisoning, which was the
direct result of her daily consumption of fish. As a result,
the actress suffered from weak memory, headaches, crying
spells, skin rashes and low grade depression. Since meeting
with many doctors, Zuniga has stopped consuming fish and
does not plan to resume anytime soon. Zuniga admits eating
sushi 4 times a week prior to her Mercury poisoning problem.
As part of her strategy to clean her body of Mercury, the
actress drinks shakes rich in protein (specifically with
- Rides a Harley Davidson motorcycle in her spare time.
- Has a body piercing through her navel.
- Graduated from Woodstock Union High School in Woodstock,
VT in 1980.
- She was a guest celebrity in the 1996 Endymion parade
during Mardi Gras.
- Measurements: 34B-25-34 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth
- Shared a house in Los Angeles, CA with Meg Ryan when
both were struggling actresses
Film List and TV Quotes
- Melrose Place (TV)
- Jo Beth Reynolds: Couldn't hurt.
- Jo Beth Reynolds: It's PMS - Post Marriage Syndrome.
- Jo Beth Reynolds: I'm going to cancel the paper. It's
just more proof that the world sucks.
- Laurie Rorbach: Are you following me?
- Laurie Rorbach: All right, you've got me.
The Fly II
- Beth Logan: You bastard! Where's your compassion?
The Sure Thing
- Alison Bradbury: He eats cheese balls and beer for
- Alison Bradbury: Well, if it's a girl, Cynthia, and if
it's a boy, Elliot.
- Alison Bradbury: I have a credit card.
- Alison Bradbury: Yes. But my father told me only to use
it in case of an emergency.
- Princess Vespa: My hair! He shot my hair! Sonofabitch!