Kelly McGillis Biography
(born 9 July 1957 in Newport Beach, California, USA) is an
American actress, whose notable movies include Witness (for which she received a
Golden Globe nomination), Top Gun and The Accused.
As of 2004, Kelly McGillis is appearing in the stage play The Graduate as Mrs.
Robinson, touring the United States.
In the early 1980s Kelly McGillis and her roommate were assaulted and raped in
their home by an escaped rapist after McGillis came home from work. This
experience encouraged the 5'10" actress to pursue her role as the lawyer who
supports Jodie Foster's character in
- McGillis married Boyd Black in 1979, divorcing in 1981.
- Kelly McGillis married Fred Tillmanin in 1989, and they had two
daughters: Kelsey and Sonora, divorcing in 2002.
- According to the book Sing Out, she and
Madonna were involved in a bis--ual relationship for a while.
- At First Sight (1999) .... Jennie Adamson
- Painted Angels (1998) .... Nettie
- North (1994) .... Amish Mom
- The Accused (1988) .... Kathryn Murphy
- Top Gun (1986) .... Charlotte 'Charlie' Blackwood
- Witness (1985) .... Rachel Lapp
- One Life to Live (1986) (TV series) .... Glenda Livingston #1 (1984)
- Reuben, Reuben (1983) .... Geneva Spofford
This Kelly McGillis Biography Page is Copyright
Biography World © 2004 - 2010